Company

Inauguration of the “Real Vinícola” Building

26 July, 2017

On the 22nd of July, the “Real Vinícola” building was inaugurated, with an event dedicated to fashion and the sea.

Built between 1897 and 1901 by Menéres and Companhia, the “Real Vinícola” building was the first industrial unit in Matosinhos-Sul and, occupying a block, stands out from the other buildings of the zone because its structure was inspired by the models that had been used in England in the earliest industrialised farms.

Closed since 1930, the “Real Vinícola” building was acquired by the Matosinhos Municipality in 2000, which classified it as a monument of public interest and carried out an intense rehabilitation program in order to adapt the building to its new functions.

Within this rehabilitation design started in 2014, GEG was responsible for developing the detailed design of structures and other engineering disciplines.

For more information, please visit http://www.cm-matosinhos.pt/frontoffice/pages/242?news_id=4983.

Related news

+ MORE NEWS

Scroll Up