The Technical, Environmental and Economic Feasibility Study was promoted by IP (infrastructures of Portugal), based on an institutional cooperation protocol established between IP, CCDRN, Turismo de Porto and Norte de Portugal and the Municipalities of Foz Côa and Peso da Régua.
On this context, GEG developed for IP the following components of the Technical and Economic Feasibility Study:
- Railroad infrastructure and platform, characterization of the platform
- Drainage, including the hydrological study, and the diagnosis of the existing drainage network
- Geology and geotechnics, including protection and stabilization measures of the platform and slopes.
- Geological investigation plan
- Environmental analysis and evaluation
From a technical and environmental point of view, it was concluded that the solutions and proposals analysed lead, in a positive way, to the confirmation of the feasibility of the rehabilitation of the rail link.